Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    And as soon as I posted that, these turn up....

    803Bs, red accordion surround, cone numbers 510 418, 512 408......

    mmmmmmm

    Vintage Altec 803B 15" Woofer Speakers Pair A7 500 Vott Mint Cone | eBay

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec Woofer Cone Codes


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    Now the way those numbers are.. Looks like the same cone manufacturer, manufactured both... 502 308 cones and the ones that Magnarc posted.But what i don't get is why the 803B's red accordions have 2 different cone numbers...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Woofer Cone Codes


    Alien_Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    750
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    I am pretty sure that those are not original cones.
    All of the original 803B cones I've seen are number 21090.

    As in this example:
    4
    - Mike

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    From memory: The EV part numbers were on documents and packaging only. Altec numbers were on the parts, as usual. EV issued a cross-reference for the items.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    [QUOTE=Alien_Shore;1941882]I am pretty sure that those are not original cones.
    All of the original 803B cones I've seen are number 21090.

    Would someone go to the trouble of making an aftermarket recone kit with red accordion surrounds?

    I'll look when I get home but yes A_S that's about the only cone number I've seen on an 803B.

    I love Altec mysteries.....

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Woofer Cone Codes


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    YES on aftermarket cones with red surround. They exist. I HAVE seen cones bearing the EV part numbers. I suspect post 1996.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    Fascinating.

    The only other cone number on an 803B I've noted was 20876, which was an earlier unit.

    I am going to lob this early marked version of an 803B...... I note it as early 803B only as it has an early decal 803B and has the two piece rim.

    Note the numbers on the frame in black, 501 789.

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec Woofer Cone Codes


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    Endeeinn sent me a pdf of Altec and EV cross referenced part numbers..What looks interesting to me is WRT the HF diaphragm part numbers is that it looks like EV phased out the all aluminum diaphragms and just carried the Pascalite diaphragms. I added it to the Altec Pro PDF Library Sticky thread. Thanks Endeeinn for sharing that with the board !

  9. #9
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec Woofer Cone Codes


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Woofer Cone Codes

    I just posted those EV docs in the Library. Thanks to endeeinn for Sharing !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.